Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cross Tab -data not to sort alphabetically
patsuyash
Hi All,
Im using Birt 3.7 community edition to design a crosstab report. I wanted to display data as :
|
| 4/2012 | 5/2012 |
|
| amount| amount |
|FRAL RBI | 16854 | 12363 |
|xis Bank Limited | 55150 | 55150 |
|BSE | 225562| 225562 |
|ASE | 225562| 225562 |
.
.
...
..
.
|NSE | 225562| 225562 |
but when i populate data in cross tab it gets sorted as, even when im not adding any sort key to the crosstab in property editor :
| | 4/2012 | 5/2012 |
| | amount| amount |
|ASE | 225562| 225562 |
|BSE | 225562| 225562 |
|FRAL RBI | 16854 | 12363 |
.
.
...
..
.
|NSE | 225562| 225562 |
|xis Bank Limited | 55150 | 55150 |
find attached rptdesign in have been working on although its connect to pojo data source can any one suggest any solution ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
patsuyash
I found a solution on this link below but could not understand what is to be done exactly anyone help?
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/915867/#msg_915867
Hans_vd
So you don't want to have your data ordered alphabetically?
In what order do you want them then?
patsuyash
The data source (Pojos) I have been using get me data in the order I want to display, Birt performs this auto sorting on Crosstab data which I want to prevent.<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Hans_vd'" data-cid="109492" data-time="1347969174" data-date="18 September 2012 - 04:52 AM"><p>
So you don't want to have your data ordered alphabetically?<br />
In what order do you want them then?<br /></p></blockquote>
Hans_vd
You should be able to add an extra column in the pojo and use that one in the crosstab dimension and order on it
patsuyash
Hi Hans_vd /mwilliams ,
Thank you both ,I got it done using a running for count in Pojo and sorting the crosstab on that "count" attribute.
Regards,
Suyash Patil