Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt engine and Eclipse
SmokesMom
Can the BIRT open source vs. 3.7 be used in eclipse 3.6?
Thank you for your reponse,
Kris Chappell
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kosta
Hi Kris,
I think its better to use eclipse 3.7 with BIRT 3.7.
If you want to use BIRT 3.7 in eclipse 2.6 you should copy by yourself the plugins in the plugin folder but I can't garantee that this can work after that approach.
Because in our project we are still using the old BIRT version 2.6.2 I must have at least one elipse 3.6 installation for creating rpt-files via the report designer.
Btw. try the eclipse 4.2 with BIRT 4.2.
Cheers.
SmokesMom
Thanks for you reply. BTW... what does version 4.2 give you that 3.7 doesn't? I was hoping to go with a different excel emitter and the emitter I was looking at doesn't work in 4.2.<br />
<br />
Thanks again.<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kosta'" data-cid="109541" data-time="1348036929" data-date="18 September 2012 - 11:42 PM"><p>
Hi Kris,<br />
<br />
I think its better to use eclipse 3.7 with BIRT 3.7.<br />
If you want to use BIRT 3.7 in eclipse 2.6 you should copy by yourself the plugins in the plugin folder but I can't garantee that this can work after that approach.<br />
<br />
Because in our project we are still using the old BIRT version 2.6.2 I must have at least one elipse 3.6 installation for creating rpt-files via the report designer.<br />
<br />
Btw. try the eclipse 4.2 with BIRT 4.2.<br />
<br />
Cheers.<br /></p></blockquote>