Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Repetitive element at the content Section of an report
Dude
Hey there
I got another question. This time it?s about designing an report. I want to create serveral rptdesings where just one grid at the content(layout) section changes.
My first Idea was to create a masterpage at the rptlibary and define the hole report there. But this will not work especially not for the content section. To determine the header and footer it?s great but I can not figure out how to create a grid that will show up at the content section on each rptdesign using the rptlibrary.
Is there any option to do that ?
Thanks and I hope you guys know what I mean ;-)
Dude
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Dude,
Not sure if I'm fully understanding. Would a template work for what you're asking? You could create a template, then make several reports, using this template. Then, you'd only have to change the small section, for each report. Let me know if this won't work for what you're trying to do.
Dude
Hi Thanks
Is it possible that if I change the Template the Report updates automatic ??
Thanks
Dude
mwilliams
Unfortunately, not with just a template, but you could build a template that uses a library to supply the items that need to be the same and change across all report when changes are made in a library. This would all be in a template, so you wouldn't have to rebuild it each time. Any part you want to be able to edit in an individual report, you'd just add that in the template, rather than the library. Hope this helps. Let me know if I'm misunderstanding the issue.