Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Migration
kosta
Hello BIRT Community,
we are using BIRT 2.6.2. and want to udpate it to newer version. Can the migration be done direclty to the 4.2 version?
I don't know what is the difference between the 3.7 and 4.2. The project have few custom report item and I think for them I will need some of the older jars too.
Thanks for hints and suggestions.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
How do you have 2.6.2 deployed? What custom report items do you have? If these are extension points most will work when upgraded with new libraries.
Jason
kosta
I am using BIRT as API and the items are in the plug-in folder. I wrote the item but they have the same structure like the rotated text example and they are depend on few 2.3 version libraries. I must test the bahaviuor of the items wenn changing the libraries to the newest version hoping that the API hastn't changed much.
When I will test that I will write here more.