Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
thicken the bar of the graph
fabioebt
Hello<br />
<br />
I would like to know how can I thicken the bar of the graph.<br />
<br />
I'm using a script to enlarge the chart automatic, but its seems to thin the thickness of my bar chart.<br />
<br />
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You could set the unit spacing to a smaller value. You can find the setting in the editor by going to the chart area section, then clicking on the general properties button at the bottom.
fabioebt
Hi Williams,
In the example that I posted i already had replicated Unit Spacing = 0
mwilliams
Sorry. I didn't see anything about it above. Did you jump straight from 50 to 0? Did you ever try anything in between? Maybe it doesn't like the value 0. Can you recreate what you've done, with the sample database, so I can see everything you've done and test on the report, as well? Thanks!
fabioebt
Hi,
I just tried with another values as 50, 30, 20, and they all seems to be the same thing.
I'll recreate the chart and I post here.
ok?
thank you.
fabioebt
Hi willians I made an example with BIRT database
fabioebt
Someone got this problem?
fabioebt
I noticed that the problem happens when i put the "Optional Y Series Grouping". Maybe is it a bug?
mwilliams
Sorry for the delay, I'm taking a look, now.
mwilliams
Yeah. My guess is that this is because there's the idea that for each optional series, you could have a bar for each x-axis category, so this skews the spacing. This does sound kinda buggy, but at the same time, I can see why it's probably happening. What is the reason that you're using optional grouping? Maybe we can find you a way around it.
You also might submit a bug for this in the bugzilla at www.eclipse.org/birt.
fabioebt
Hmm Ok, I submitted this bug for the bugzilla
>>
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=390268
And for the alternative solution, I just took off the optional group and set labels on x-axis. There is another solution in your mind?
Thank you!!
mwilliams
Well, I was just thinking you could handle the coloring of the bars in script and just create your own legend, outside the chart, if that's what you were wanting the optional grouping for.
fabioebt
hmm, yep, that's why I was using the optional grouping, is there an example?
mwilliams
Take a look at this design.
fabioebt
perfect, thats exactly what I need, What did u do? just put the legend to left?
thank you!!
mwilliams
No. I made the legend, using a table and grid and script. Then, I passed the colors used, into the chart and change the chart bar colors accordingly. Take a look at the onCreate script on the left cell of the grid, in the table and the chart script. Let me know if you have questions. I removed the optional grouping, in the chart, as well.
fabioebt
Hi everyone, just to clarify my question almost 5 months ago, because it can help someone.<br />
I opened a BUG on the eclipse.org.<br />
So they answered just today, here is the answer:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=390268'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=390268</a>
; <br />
<br />
Bug 390268 - The bar graph stayed thin when I put the "Optional Y Series Grouping"<br />
<br />
<p class='bbc_indent' style='margin-left: 40px;'>--- Comment #1 from Xiaoying Gu <xgu@actuate.com> ---<br />
This is correct behavior, since there is only one value for each optional<br />
series in this case, the space for all the other optional series are blank, the<br />
bar column would become thinner than before adding optional series.</p>
<br />
<br />
Thanks,
mwilliams
Thanks for the update! That's what I figured they'd say!