Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How can I get page-number and total-page auto-text through reportContext. object?.
sribk2012
I have been googling on this for long but no success.
I want to get values of auto-text page-number and total-page through reportContext. object?. Is is possible to access these values?. Badly need the code/example
Thanks again.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Does it have to be through reportContext? Would the pageNumber and totalPage variables work? Can you explain what you're trying to do?
sribk2012
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="109588" data-time="1348083789" data-date="19 September 2012 - 12:43 PM"><p>
Does it have to be through reportContext? Would the pageNumber and totalPage variables work? Can you explain what you're trying to do?<br /></p></blockquote>
yes I want these values through reportContext
mwilliams
Can you explain what you're trying to do with them? Thanks!
sribk2012
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="109602" data-time="1348089693" data-date="19 September 2012 - 02:21 PM"><p>
Can you explain what you're trying to do with them? Thanks!<br /></p></blockquote>
I have to do my logic based on these values which I may not be able to disclose here but I have a major logic written in java code and I need to enhance it but I need to access pagenumber and totalpage.
sribk2012
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'sribk2012'" data-cid="109603" data-time="1348104649" data-date="19 September 2012 - 06:30 PM"><p>
I have to do my logic based on these values which I may not be able to disclose here but I have a major logic written in java code and I need to enhance it but I need to access pagenumber and totalpage.<br /></p></blockquote>
So is that possible?.
mwilliams
I'll look to see if there's a way to get to the pageNumber and totalPage other than just using those variables. I've never seen another way, though, that I can think of off the top of my head. One thing you could do possibly, would be to pass these variable values through page/report variables or global variables, something that can be accessed through the reportContext.
mwilliams
Looks like you can use:
reportContext.getPageVariable("totalPage");
reportContext.getPageVariable("pageNumber");
sribk2012
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="109679" data-time="1348255680" data-date="21 September 2012 - 12:28 PM"><p>
Looks like you can use:<br />
<br />
reportContext.getPageVariable("totalPage");<br />
reportContext.getPageVariable("pageNumber");<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I tried but I always get the result as 1 for both totalPage & pageNumber
mwilliams
What is your BIRT version? And are you using the runAndRender task or separate tasks?