Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to connecting to database during param validation
nick17483
I'm using the BIRT Viewer as a separate webapp on same tomcat 7 server as my main app. I want to connect to the database during param validation. (I want to check one of the incoming params against something in the database.) How can I open a connection and run a query in my validate() script? Some kind of Java or JavaScript of course, but I don't know where to start with that.
I have written a simple Java class to handle the request, but don't know how to use it. (class MyClass .... public boolean isItGood(String incomingValue) { connect to database, check that the incomingValue matches something or other....} )
Thanks,
Nick
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet