Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
to display data in tree structure
RiaR
Hi Williams,<br />
My table output should like a tree structure.The data's in the database will look like <br />
<br />
Id | name | Manager_id <br />
111 | Arun | 101<br />
121 | Ravi | 101 <br />
131 | Sita | 111 <br />
102 | Benny | 111<br />
101 | Mile |<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>My output should be</strong><br />
<ul class='bbc'><li>Mile <br />
<ul class='bbc'><li> Arun <br />
</li><li>Sita</li><li>Benny</li></ul></li><li> Ravi</li></ul>
<br />
How can I display the data's in BIRT.<br />
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
If the data doesn't come in, in order, you'll probably have to store your dataSet data into an array and then write script to create an html list string to be displayed in an html text box. It may take a bit of work.
mwilliams
Take a look at this report. It's a first draft, so it might be able to be cleaned up a lot.
This was created in 4.2.0. I used a scripted dataSet to use your data, so you'll have to look in the dataSet scripts to see the columns I created. The maxLevel field is not needed.
RiaR
Hi Williams,
Thanks for the reply.I am using the latest version Actuate (i.e) Actuate 11 so the report which you gave is not supported.Can you please help me out in the latest version.
Thanks In Advance.
mwilliams
Here. This version is 2.6.1. You should be able to open this with Actuate BIRT 11. Let me know, if you can't.
RiaR
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="109888" data-time="1348753583" data-date="27 September 2012 - 06:46 AM"><p>
Here. This version is 2.6.1. You should be able to open this with Actuate BIRT 11. Let me know, if you can't.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
<br />
Hey Williams,<br />
Thanks it is opening in Actuate 11. I will get back to you if I have any queries.
mwilliams
Sounds good. Let me know.