Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report Param - pass in calculated value
olivia08
I'm trying to setup a report parameter where the user would choose either "Last 6 Months" or "Last 12 Months" and behind the scenes calculate the time period. I have a dynamic dataset that returns a date type value = to Aug 1, 2012.
What I'd like to see happen is when the user runs the report, a report parameter pops up with the two choices (i.e. "Last 6 Months" or "Last 12 Months" in a dropdown list). If the user chooses "Last 6 Months", then the report would show march - august data.
How can I tie the report parameter to a dynamic data set (to get the current month value) and then add a calculation that goes back 6 months?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
This might get you headed in the right direction <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1342-populating-a-drop-down-list-in-a-birt-report/'>drop
down list on devshare</a> you could populate the drop down with your older than less than options and when you select you could have the logic to show the data. What format are the dates stored in? <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1218-convert-integer-date-to-date-sample-report/'>This</a>
; is another good read that converts an int (yyyyMMdd) to yyyy-MM-dd