Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Question regarding to Data Binding
howiejao
Hi,
This has always confused me till now so I'd like to ask now and hopefully I can understand
Question 1:
In order to display column, we can either drag the column directly from the Data Sets. The Data Type would be Java Object and the expression would be dataSetRow["someColumn"]; or we can create a databinding (String Type) in which it contained the dataSetRow["someColumn"] and then we will pull this binding to display. The express would be displayed as row["databindsomeColumn"]
What's difference between these two? I know both works.
Question 2:
Every time when I pull the databind to the table or grib, I always attach ".toString()" . I don't know if this is necessary. Also if the field is empty, sometimes this will result error because you can't convert null to String Type. When do I need to use ".toString()" method ?
Thanks in advanced.
H
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Take a look at this post:
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2010/07/whats-difference-between.html
Jason