Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Parameter issue
shabz
Hi,
Recently I changed the report as started getting attached issue. Report is also attached.
Parameter type is string so why its not being able to accept.
I am using 4.2.1.v20120904-1129
Thanks,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Hans_vd
Hi Shabz,
Your query is full of :ZONE_CODE, :SECTOR_CODE, ... shouldn't these be question marks?
Also, read this blogpost about reusing data set parameters:
http://enterprisesmartapps.wordpress.com/2011/01/10/re-using-parameters-in-birt-data-set/
It will change your life
Regards
Hans
shabz
Yeah will check the blog post. As of now as I had to move the existing report to newer version with some changes in SQL and parameters, so when I moved that this issue appeared. Query as such is fine. Somehow this parameter thing creating issue and its with date type only, but everywhere in query. May be some data type issue but what?
Questions marks shouldn't make difference on the outcome...
Hans_vd
I'm afraid I don't understand. What is the meaning of :ZONE_CODE in the querytext?
Isn't it a placeholder for a parameter value?
shabz
yes it is.
Hans_vd
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'shabz'" data-cid="109796" data-time="1348666548" data-date="26 September 2012 - 06:35 AM"><p>
yes it is.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
So, shouldn't that be a "?" then?
shabz
no need specifically, even if I keep "?", it doesn't make any difference. My worry is on the datatype as the exception mentions. Datatype of parameter "start_date" is string and is not accepted by these two lines of SQL<br />
<br />
<br />
AND TO_DATE(TO_CHAR(to_date(zd.entered_on),'DD-MM-YYYY'),'DD-MM-YYYY') >= TO_DATE(<strong class='bbc'>:DATE_FROM</strong>,'DD-MM-YYYY')<br />
AND TO_DATE(TO_CHAR(to_date(zd.entered_on),'DD-MM-YYYY'),'DD-MM-YYYY') <= TO_DATE(<strong class='bbc'>:DATE_TO</strong>,'DD-MM-YYYY')<br />
<br />
<br />
thanks,
Hans_vd
Did you provide a value for these parameters?
The message states that the value null is to be set to the parameter.
Another thing: If you are upgrading to a newer version, you may need to upgrade your Oracle driver too.
shabz
Thanks buddy,
I got it working. Some parameters mismatch. Driver was already updated.