Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT and Stored Procedure Calls
iProgram
<span style='font-family: Tahoma'><br />
I thought that I posted this topic, but I could not locate it.<br />
<br />
In a nutshell: for some of the reports I design, ones that call stored procedures, I have to tweak my SQL code to get BIRT to execute stored procedure call without returning error message similar to following: "SQL statement does not return a ResultSet object". Sometimes it works; sometimes not. The tweaking is just moving around the SQL code without technically changing it (e.g., putting keywords [and their respective clauses]like SELECT, FROM, WHERE, ..., on separate lines; placing selected columns on a single on single line, et cetera).<br />
<br />
The tests that I perform on the procedures via SQL Navigator / SQL Developer run without a hitch. In addition, I do not find anything wrong with my BIRT report implementation: 1) the number of parameters are properly defined on both sides of the equation (stored procedure definition and BIRT report designer); 2) the parameter types are correctly defined in the stored procedure definition and the BIRT report designer definition; and 3) the procedure call in BIRT report designer is set-up correctly.<br />
<br />
<ul class='bbcol decimal'><li>Has any BIRT report designer user had to tweak his/her stored SQL stored procedure code to get BIRT report designer and the store procedure to work together;</li><li>Has any BIRT user had a problem where BIRT report designer cannot complete a successful stored procedure call, even though the the stored procedure is correctly defined and the relationship (same number and type of parameters in SQL code and BIRT report designer, procedure definition call in BIRT report designer, et cetera) between the stored procedure and BIRT report designer is properly set up?</li></ul>
Has anyone come across anything like this? If so, how did you address it?<br />
<br />
If you are able to understand where I am going with this, great. If you cannot follow my train of thought, please let me know. :unsure: Please note that due to security restrictions, I cannot provide any code examples or returned error messages <_< .<br />
<br />
I would greatly appreciate any help here. <br />
<br />
Thank you very much!<br />
<a href='mailto:matthewhelm@hotmail.com' title='E-mail Link' class='bbc_email'>Matthew</a><br />
</span>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I've not heard of anyone ever having an issue with this, before. Are you doing the stored procedure in a regular sql dataSet? Or when you choose to use an sql dataSet, do you choose "sql stored procedure query" from the dataSet type dropdown?