Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Hiding individual data elements on data export
koshysan
Hi,
I have a table in a BIRT report which I have bound to a dataset. At the moment, the users can export data which is fine. Because I use computed columns - they form a part of the dataset.
I want to restrict the elements appearing on the export data list.
I have tried setting the Allow Export property to false for the elements in question but it does not work.
The Allow Export property only works for the dataset itself i.e I can show or hide a dataset but I can not show/hide individual elements within a dataset.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Koshy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
So, you want the report to only export certain fields, but you want to show all of them in the report? How do you decide which ones to not show?
mwilliams
Oh, and what is your BIRT version?
koshysan
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="109955" data-time="1348808309" data-date="27 September 2012 - 09:58 PM"><p>
Oh, and what is your BIRT version?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I am using BIRT with Maximo. It does not work in BIRT version 232 nor in 371 either.<br />
<br />
I have a report with about 25 items. I also have about 12 aggregates (totals, counts and so on). What ever is in my binding of the table, shows up in the export data section.<br />
<br />
I want to show everything in my report but not all of the items when the users go and try to export data.<br />
<br />
Now at the table level, when I set export data to false - it works. I can not see the table anymore when I try to export data.<br />
<br />
But when I try to do the same just for particular elements, it does not work. In this example, I am setting failurecode's export data option to false but it still appears in the list of items to be exported.<br />
<br />
However when I go to the table and set the same option there; the dataset (resultset) actually disappears from the export data dropdown list.<br />
<br />
Am I missing something here?<br />
<br />
I have attached a screenshot.
mwilliams
You don't have any actual bindings on the individual element. If you, for whatever reason, bound the individual element to a dataSet, you would have MANY values in the result sets dropdown. One for each row of the outer table that the individual element appeared in. Setting the individual element's allow export would remove these options. The bindings to the table will all be available if the table is available for export.
A way around this could be to make a second table, with only the bindings that you want the user to be able to export. By this, I mean, delete the unwanted fields from the second table, then go to the binding tab and remove the unwanted bindings, as well. Make this second table hidden and set the allow export on the first table to false. Now, when you run the report, you'll see the full table, but only be able to export the fields from your hidden table.