Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to hide an image if the path does not exist.
claudiap
Hello.
I have to display an image from the shared resorces ( I give its path). If the image exists, everything looks fine, but if not, there appears a text with the "image not reachable" message in the generated report(see atachment)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Is the image in the resource folder or is the path a full url. If it is in the resource folder you could try something like reportContext.getResource("imagename"); Then check this value for null. If the image is a url you could try something like:
valid_url=true;
importPackage(Packages.java.net);
try {
url = new URL("urltoimage");
input = url.openStream();
input.close();
} catch (e) {
valid_url = false;
}
Jason
claudiap
Thank you Jason, this really helped.
uttambirt
<p>Hi Janson , iam using URI , but your code for visibility is not working</p>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I got the code working, but you may want to consider a couple of things:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1. If you are running your report from BIRT Designer, make sure the URL (specifically the image filename) does not contain spaces. There is an issue with Tomcat where creating a URL with a space. So, you need to replace spaces with the proper encoding, %20.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>2. The code does not run when scripted in the image component. In the attached example, I have added the code to the report's beforeFactory. The result is saved in a global variable. I test the value of that variable in the image Visibility property.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
aparna.r.gururani
<p>Thanks Jason,</p>
<p>It really Helped.</p>