Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Bar chart does not display hyperlinks
saianji
Hi ,<br />
<br />
I am using birt v2.5.2.I have a report with bar chart and table.when i gave hyperlink in the table data, it is working fine.but in the chart , it does not display hyper links anywhere(value series,x axis or y axis labels) and getting following exception.<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Error.DesignFileException.SYNTAX_ERROR - 1 errors found!<br />
1.) ( line = 1, tag = structure) org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.DesignParserException (code = Error.DesignParserException.NAME_REQUIRED,<br />
message : The element property name or structure member name is required.)<br />
</strong><br />
<br />
I created hyperlinks using designer and using report engine api to generate report as outputstream as follows:<br />
HTMLRenderOption options = new HTMLRenderOption();<br />
options.setOutputFormat(HTMLRenderOption.OUTPUT_FORMAT_HTML);<br />
options.setImageDirectory(servletContext);<br />
options.setBaseImageURL(contextPath + "/images");<br />
options.setImageHandler(new HTMLServerImageHandler());<br />
options.setOutputStream(outStream);<br />
options.setActionHandler(new MyActionHandler());<br />
task.setRenderOption(options);<br />
System.out.println("before task run");<br />
task.run();<br />
System.out.println("after task run");<br />
<br />
Please suggest me why i am getting this exception.Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Do you get the error if you just run the report from the designer? If so, can you attach your report design? Or better yet, reproduce the issue with the sample database, so I can run it.
saianji
I am not getting error when i run the report in the designer.when i deploy in the weblogic server, i am getting this error where as it is working for table data.
saianji
Hi,
When i upgraded birt version to birt 3.7.2 , it is working fine but i had problem with birt 3.7.2 where i18n was not working.earlier i posted this issue in forums also and told to raise bug on this.I could not raise bug as i dont know how to do the same.Pls help me in this regard.
mwilliams
To log a bug, you need to go to the eclipse.org/birt page and create a user account, then go to the bugzilla and report the bug. Let me know if you need further instruction.
saianji
Thanks Micheal. I logged bug for this.One doubt i have is, my eclipse(Helios) designer version is 2.6 and i am using 3.7.2 report engine.Whatever labels i am sending from server(X-axis title,Y-axis title,chart title), i am able to see in native language but whatever i am setting in designer, using localization tab in property editor is not working.Is it because of version conflict?
mwilliams
Yeah. It could be an issue that is fixed in 3.7, so you're only seeing the issue with the older designer. Try downloading the newer designer to see if you have the same issues, with it.
saianji
I found out the issue.It is the problem with the resource locator implementation.I corrected it.It is working fine now.Thanks for your support.
mwilliams
You're welcome! Glad it's working for you now. Let us know whenever you have questions!