Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Restricting Fonts displayed in Report Designer
robilco
Hi All,
I'm looking to restrict the list of fonts displayed in the BIRT Report Designer to a specified limited set of Fonts.
Currently the list of Fonts selectable is all Fonts installed on the system.
I've seen the fontConfig.xml file can be edited for the fonts available to the BIRT engine at runtime, but I want to limit the fonts available for selection in the drop-downs of the Eclipse UI
Is there a way to limit this list (just for the BIRT report designer)?
Cheers,
Ro
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
robilco
Looks like it can't be done - A change/patch to BIRT is required.
org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.core\src\org\eclipse\birt\report\designer\util\DEUtil.getSystemFontNames is the point where Fonts are retrieved for the drop-down and that is reading directly from the Eclipse (Display) Environment
mwilliams
You can request enhancements in the bugzilla at eclipse.org/birt. You might be able to force the end result you're wanting by mapping the fonts to the desired output font, in the fontsConfig.xml in the plugins->fonts folder in the runtime. Probably not what you're wanting to do though. Anyways, if you file an enhancement request for the designer fonts, you can put the request info in this thread and others can vote for it.
robilco
Cheers Michael,
I logged this yesterday:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=390914
Ro
mwilliams
Great. Thanks for posting the info!