Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Integrate Birt runtime using API's in current web application on tomcat
Birtne
Hello,
I am a new user to BIRT and was reading online the tutorials.
I already have a web application running on tomcat and I have the .rptdesign files for my reports.
I downloaded the BIRT 2.6.1(that is what we can use)runtime and if its stand alone project I can see the reports but I do not know what files(eg jar's) needs to be added or if I have to modify web.xml and where to place the tlds etc.
Can anyone suggest what is the best way to view the reports in my web application.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Is using the BIRT tag libraries an option?
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/deploy/viewerUsage2.2.php#tags
Jason
Birtne
Thanks Jason for the reply but we cannot use the tlds in our application so wanted to integrate the Birt API's in our application.
I tried the following :-
1)Copied the Report Engine folder directly under my current project.
2)Copied the lib jars from /WebViewExample/Web-Inf/lib to my application web-inf/lib directory.
3)Copied the viewer.properties file directly under web-inf/.
4)Added the following lines to web.xml
<servlet>
<servlet-name>EngineServlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtEngineServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet>
<servlet-name>ViewerServlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.ViewerServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet>
<servlet-name>ImageServlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>net.sf.jasperreports.j2ee.servlets.ImageServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>ImageServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/image</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<!-- AR end -->
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>ViewerServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/frameset</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>ViewerServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/run</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>EngineServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/preview</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>EngineServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/download</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>EngineServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/parameter</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>EngineServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/output</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>EngineServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/extract</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
5)test.rptdesign report files directly under the main project level.
6)Also I am running it using the test.jsp file which is attached (I have not included my project authentication etc files at top).
7) Also included the platform folder in my Web-inf directory.
I do not know what else is missing,I specified the engine home too.
Please guide.
Thanks