Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
web application with birt
arunearla
Hi,<br />
<br />
I am en counting problem like webapplication with birt integration.I am successfully generated the report from the datasets .<br />
my query is : "select name,age,id from orders where orderdate <= ? and orderdate >=?" . I created report parameters and passed the 2 dates,it was displays REPORT successfully.But i have webapplication as well,it have . html page. It have the fields for 2 dates.whenever hit the <span class='bbc_underline'>submit</span> button,how these <strong class='bbc'>web parametrs</strong>(request) reaches <strong class='bbc'> report parametrs</strong> and how it will generate a report.<br />
<br />
Can any one suggest me how to achive this.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Use html script tags to take the form values and build the url to the report with the parameter values and call the report, when the submit button is selected. Maybe I'm misunderstanding. If so, let me know.
arunearla
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="110073" data-time="1349231194" data-date="02 October 2012 - 07:26 PM"><p>
Use html script tags to take the form values and build the url to the report with the parameter values and call the report, when the submit button is selected. Maybe I'm misunderstanding. If so, let me know.<br /></p></blockquote>
arunearla
Thanks mwilliams,<br />
I will tell you clearly,I have webapplication.The webapplication have index page,which contains 2 date fields like <strong class='bbc'>from date</strong> and <strong class='bbc'>Todate</strong>and <strong class='bbc'>submit</strong> button.Whenever the user enter the date fields and hit the submit button, the report/chart should be generate between two dates.<br />
<br />
Can you please help me how to achive this.
mwilliams
What's your BIRT version?
arunearla
I am using eclipse juno (birt)4.2.0 to make the reports.
mwilliams
Take a look at this devShare post. It shows how you can use the tag library to create a custom parameter page. You could embed your parameters into a jsp page and then call your report, from it. If you have any questions, or get stuck and need an example, or if this won't work for you, let me know.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/298-2.2-birt-tag-library/
arunearla
Thanks williams. its working. I am able to do.. Thanks A lot.
mwilliams
Great to hear! Let us know whenever you have questions!
arunearla
i have posted query about dynamic filtering, just have a look once.can u please create a sample .rptdesign<br />
i want to display a chart between two dates of first 10 rows,first 20 rows,first 30 rows,last 10 rows,last 20 rows,last 30 rows <strong class='bbc'>dynamically</strong>.
mwilliams
Do you have this in another thread? Can you post the link?