Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Can you display selected parameters if they are selected using a beforeOpen script?
talva
I have a report where I want to display all the parameters that are selected. I can do this with the typical parameters by using:
params["MyParameter"].displayText
However, for two of the parameters, I had to add a beforeOpen script to insert some values into the sql using:
this.queryText = this.queryText.replace("yyy", params["InternalEntity"].join("','"))
where "yyy" are the dummy values and they get replaced with the parameter values. I tried get the selected values to display using the above code (i.e. params["InternalEntity"].displayText), but it won't. Any suggestions?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
You could try and make a global variable myVar and then dump the selected data over to vars["myVar"] and then display it that way.
talva
Thanks kclark. I don't know why I didn't figure this out to begin with, but I was able to get it to work by adding the join, i.e. params["InternalEntity"].join(", ").