Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Calculating statistical values in a BIRT report
alonrv
Hello,
I'm relatively new to BIRT.
I am trying to create a report from data that was collected by a survey.
I can get the data in a SCV or a XML file.
The file contains information about gender, preference, level of satisfaction, etc. and is structured as a simple table (column per value row per response).
I can't figure out how to implement within BIRT logic such as "if there is a statistically significant difference between man and women preference /level of satisfaction and show X otherwise show Y".
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
You might be able to use aggregation for this, can I have some sample data in XML format to make an example report?
alonrv
Hi and thanks for your help.
Attached is a sample file with some sample data.
Some examples for the type of analysis I'm trying to run are:
a. See if there's a significant difference between males and females level of satisfaction (run a t-test)
b. See if there's correlation between age and weight (run the Pearson's correlation test)
I'm using these two tests just as an example.
I understand the math and know how to choose the right statistical test for the job.
I need help with understanding where to implement the math and how to run statistical tests between two or more groups of data from one column where the grouping criteria is taken from another column or between two columns in a data set.
Thanks again
).