Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Unnecessary Page Break in grid with two rows
jjin
Hi!
If a dynamic text field contains more text than one site we have the problem, that the row with the header is printed on one side and the row with the text area on the next site(s) (see the screenshot)
the report item looks like follow:
Grid
Row
Cell
Data (containing the header)
Row
Cell
Dynamic Text (containing html)
PageBreak for every element is set to auto (it makes no difference what is set - avoid generates the same output)
Workaround with another construct is not working
Reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a ReportItem defined as above
2. The first dataField contains a header
3. The second, dynamic text contains a text longer than one site
Anybody has solution for this issue?
Thanks lot!
Jason
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Can you recreate this issue in a report that I can run? Also, what's your BIRT version?
jjin
Thanks lot, Michael.
This happens in version 2.6.2.
I tried same report in version 3.7.2, but there are some errors(there is no such error in 2.6.2). The errors list here:
Grid (id = 929):
+ An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:
Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: Cannot load JDBC Driver class: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver. (Element ID:929)
ReportDesign (id = 1):
+ There are errors evaluating script "row["ORGNAME"]":
ReferenceError: "row" is not defined. (<inline>#1) (Element ID:1)
Because of the above error, I cannot see the page break at all.
Why I have the errors in 3.7.2, but have no these in 2.6.2?
Thanks,
Jason
mwilliams
Did you install your driver in 3.7.2?
jjin
I am using birt report designer. In the .rptdesign file, I filled "oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver" in the driver class in the data source. This .rptdesign file works in 2.6.2, but cannot load dariver class in 2.7.2
I don't know where to install the driver in 2.7.2
Could you please let me know?
Thank you
Jason
mwilliams
You should be able to open your dataSource and click on manage drivers and add the driver jar, using the editor.