Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
FormAPI Help
GodBlessMe
I'm trying to simulate something like the scenario in the attachment. Can anyone tell me is this possible to achieve with FormAPI? If this can be done, any ideas?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I believe you want to use a callout to display the picklist. Is that an option?
GodBlessMe
Can you please explain it to me in detail if this can be done with callouts?
Thanks
Migrateduser
Yes I have seen this done with callouts. One of the nice things about that is that you can build the UI in whatever language you want (CGI, ASPX, JSP, etc.), so you have a full server-side logic environment (not just FormAPI). If you are not using CGI, you probably have to do a simple CGI to post all data passed to the callout to the real application server page, but this is only a few lines of Perl. I have only seen this done with the metatagger UI (used to select groups) but I am almost positive that you could do the same thing with the templating UI. Then you need to have JavaScript logic in the called-out page to populate the selected values back into the template.
I haven't written a callout in a long time, but there is some example code in IWHOME/httpd/iw/example_datacapture_callout.ipl (I am not sure if it is totally up to date). If you want do do this in ASP or JSP I can send you some sample code for the CGI that posts the data passed from TeamSite to the application server page, but the javascript still look like this example.
Performance of the callout may not be great, so maybe you do want to look at formapi if users are going to be changing these values a lot.
GodBlessMe
I'll be very glad if you could send me the sample code..my Email is
kris1288@hotmail.com
Thanks
GodBlessMe
Did you attach any file to the e-mail? I got a mail without attachments.
Migrateduser
I don't have an example of this picklist callout. The example I was talking about comes with TeamSite.