Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
refreshing non-cascadong list box parameter values on report update
aparandekar
I have a mix of cascading and non-cascading parameters. I would like to refresh the values of the parameter dynamically when the report is run in response to other parameters.
For example, I have the following parameters:
1. Industries - allow multiple selection
2. State and Counties are cascading
3. Company Sales Volume
4. Company Plant Size
5. Company Employees Size
Change in any of the above parameters return a list of companies and I would like to create a parameter that has this list as the values. The end result displayed in the report would be a list of people who are in the selected companies.
I noticed that when the parameter is created as a data selector then there is a refresh check-box. How can I call refresh on the parameter list values when the report is run? Is there any API method to do this?
Is there any other way I can create this parameter either using JQuery or JSAPI or HTML or Javascript? Also, I should mention that the dataset being queried is large and contains more that 450K records.
I am using 11SP4 and BIRT 360 Dashboard.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I'm looking into JSAPI and other methods, but you could create a report where the user selects the initial parameters, then submits, which redirects them to another report, passing these parameters along, limiting the companies list, for the parameter. Then, the user would select the companies and run the report.
aparandekar
Hi,
I am not sure how I can I do accomplish your suggestion on BOD 360 dashboard. We require all parameters to be on the same dashboard and they are all linked to one report.
aparandekar
sorry for the typo:
I am not sure how I can accomplish your suggestion on BOD 360 dashboard. We require all parameters to be on the same dashboard and they are all linked to one report.