Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Aggregation by runtime parametr
romanga
Hi,
I need help with aggregation.
Example that describs the question --
I have simple dataset that contains Column <Company> and column <Worker>. I want gave the user possibillity to select any companies he wants (multiple parameters) and then view table with 2 columns: 1 <Company> that user selected, and 2 <total workers in that company>.
I understand that i need to do aggregation in run time.
I created global variable Var, that contains company. It gets a value <onCreate> on row.[ It really gets right values - i checked it.] After that I created new aggregation that is integer/ Count/ on Worker column and in aggregation filter I put : dataSetRow["Company"]==params["Var"] -- it doesn't work.
Please help me with creating that aggregation.
Roman
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Just for clarification, in your dataset, does <Worker> contain the total number of workers already and you're trying to display the total number of workers of all companies selected? If <Workers> already contains the number then you won't need aggregation. If you are trying to do a total count of the workers with all companies selected then you wouldn't need to script this, you could drag in the aggregation tool to the bottom of your workers column and select sum.
romanga
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'romanga'" data-cid="110409" data-time="1349962560" data-date="11 October 2012 - 06:36 AM"><p>
Hi,<br />
<br />
I need help with aggregation.<br />
Example that describs the question -- <br />
I have simple dataset that contains Column <Company> and column <Worker>. I want gave the user possibillity to select any companies he wants (multiple parameters) and then view table with 2 columns: 1 <Company> that user selected, and 2 <total workers in that company>. <br />
I understand that i need to do aggregation in run time.<br />
I created global variable Var, that contains company. It gets a value <onCreate> on row.[ It really gets right values - i checked it.] After that I created new aggregation that is integer/ Count/ on Worker column and in aggregation filter I put : dataSetRow["Company"]==params["Var"] -- it doesn't work.<br />
<br />
Please help me with creating that aggregation.<br />
Roman<br /></p></blockquote>
romanga
No <Worker> contain only name of workers...
AND
I have already succeeded building that report.
I defined new group on the report, that order by <Company>, and then I defined the aggregation on that group and not on whole table.