Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
hyperlinks in aggregation table fields
romanga
Hi,
I creates an aggregation field in my table. It is integer. It counts how many open tickets exist. Now i want to click on this number of tickets and get another report that will show me all open tickets with their description. how can I create the hyperlink on this aggregation field.
Thanks
Roman
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
What your trying to do is called a drill through report. There are examples of how to do this in Eclipse under Report Examples > Drill to Details. You can also find a tutorial at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/389-birt-drill-through/'>this
devshare</a>
romanga
The problem occures when I use fields that from <strong class='bbc'>type text</strong> (I created text fields with my logic. HTML type). This fields have no <hyperlink> tab in their properties and also this script is not working in this case. ( it does work when field is from other type. )<br />
<br />
importPackage(Packages.org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api);<br />
importPackage(Packages.org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.elements);<br />
<br />
dataHandle = reportContext.getReportRunnable().designHandle.getDesignHandle().findElement("bbb");<br />
<br />
<br />
ac = StructureFactory.createAction();<br />
ah = dataHandle.setAction( ac );<br />
ah.setLinkType("drill-through");<br />
ah.setReportName("DetailTwo.rptdesign");<br />
ah.setTargetFileType("report-design");<br />
ah.setTargetWindow("_blank");<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
how can I create hyperlink from this text field to another report?<br />
thanks.
Tubal
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'romanga'" data-cid="111026" data-time="1351601192" data-date="30 October 2012 - 05:46 AM"><p>
The problem occures when I use fields that from <strong class='bbc'>type text</strong> (I created text fields with my logic. HTML type). This fields have no <hyperlink> tab in their properties and also this script is not working in this case. ( it does work when field is from other type. )<br />
<br />
importPackage(Packages.org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api);<br />
importPackage(Packages.org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.elements);<br />
<br />
dataHandle = reportContext.getReportRunnable().designHandle.getDesignHandle().findElement("bbb");<br />
<br />
<br />
ac = StructureFactory.createAction();<br />
ah = dataHandle.setAction( ac );<br />
ah.setLinkType("drill-through");<br />
ah.setReportName("DetailTwo.rptdesign");<br />
ah.setTargetFileType("report-design");<br />
ah.setTargetWindow("_blank");<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
how can I create hyperlink from this text field to another report?<br />
thanks.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
If your fields are already HTML text, is it possible to create the hyperlink as part of your text in your logic? <br />
<br />
Instead of putting "myText" in your text field, you would put "<a href="www.myreportserver.com....myReport.rptdesign">myText</a><br />
<br />
Another option would be to make your field a data field, put your text in quotes to make it text rather than data, and then use the hyperlink properties on that field.
romanga
Tubal, THANKS!
Your advice useing data field is working fine! And it has hyperlink options!
(I knew that I could create hyperlink in HTML text, but it my case it would be very complicated)