Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
SVG Chart Rendering Failing Silently
robilco
Hi All,
I've started to experience issues in certain environments when trying to render SVG Charts.
In most environments everything works perfectly, but in some (i.e. Production!) no chart appears at all.
Nothing is logged to any log file either.
I've tried adding the Java flag: -Djava.awt.headless=true, but that made no difference.
Has anyone else seen this or have a suggested fix?
Thanks,
Ro
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
robilco
Update to say that PNG, BMP and JPG all work fine
robilco
Does anyone know if the generation of SVG charts causes extra temporary files to be created that later need to be read?
Could explain the environment differences that I am seeing.
Cheers
robilco
I've managed to get a chart log generated, which looks like the Chart is rendering without issue, but I'm still seeing no Chart in the PDF.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://pastebin.com/PvFw2ZeD'>org.eclipse.birt.chart.engine_2012_10_23_03_45_15_082.log</a>
;
robilco
Bump!
Anyone got any (fresh) pointers for me on this issue?
kclark
Is it browser specific when the charts don't show?
robilco
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="114247" data-time="1360950829" data-date="15 February 2013 - 10:53 AM"><p>
Is it browser specific when the charts don't show?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
No browser involved, Java code rendering PDF... seems to be Server configuration related as some work without issue.<br />
(Hence my temporary files question)
kclark
Could you try and set the image directory with <br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>options.setImageDirectory("/some/directory");</pre>
<br />
And tell me if the svg imnages are being rendered at all? What enviornemts are not displaying the images?
robilco
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="114265" data-time="1361047297" data-date="16 February 2013 - 01:41 PM"><p>
Could you try and set the image directory with <br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>options.setImageDirectory("/some/directory");</pre>
<br />
And tell me if the svg imnages are being rendered at all? What enviornemts are not displaying the images?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
The <strong class='bbc'>setImageDirectory</strong> api is only available on the HTMLRenderOption, I have a PDFRenderOption as I'm generating PDF's.<br />
<br />
In certain environments (locally, test servers) all works.<br />
In other environments (Customer testing, production) SVG charts fail to appear with no error message in logs.<br />
<br />
As I don't have access to these environments to work out what's different, I'd like to determine what I can work out as regards BIRT's use of the Server's
robilco
I may have stumbled across the root cause of this issue.
My code was making use of PDFSmartCopy, running the multi-page PDF's though the SmartCopy in order to remove duplicate images from the PDF.
This has recently been removed and the issue can no longer be reproduced.
Perhaps there is something in the underlying PdfSmartCopy that was causing the issue.