Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Is it possible to design a report with different data sets per excel worksheet?
talva
I would like to create a report that uses 5 data sets and when it gets exported to excel, I'd like to see data set 1 in the first tab, data set 2 in the 2nd tab, etc.
Is this possible, and if so, can anyone provide an explanation on how to do it, or point me to a link that explains how to do it?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
It looks like the Tribix emitter can do this for you, <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1290-excel-output-in-multiple-sheets/'>here's
the devshare</a> SpudSoft also does this, you can find it in the marketplace.
Yaytay
See here: <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.spudsoft.co.uk/spudsoft-birt-excel-emitters-0'>http://www.spudsoft.co.uk/spudsoft-birt-excel-emitters-0</a><br
/>
for a brief comparisson of the different Excel emitters.<br />
At some point I'll do a full review of them, but I just haven't got around to it yet.<br />
<br />
My summary would be (in order): <br />
Don't use the <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tribix/'>Tribix
Excel emitter</a>* (the results are really difficult to use as spreadsheets).<br />
If you've bought Actuate commercial BIRT (I'm not sure which product you need to buy to get this, anyone?), use theirs.<br />
If you can justify the cost, use <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.arctorus.com/'>Arctorus</a>.<br
/>
If you like the layout of the built-in emitter but want real XLS[X] files and a few extra features, use <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/native-excel-emitter-birt-plugin/'>Native</a>.<br
/>
And if you want something completely different, use <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.spudsoft.co.uk/spudsoft-birt-excel-emitters-0'>mine
(SpudSoft)</a>.<br />
<br />
One of the problems of having so many different emitters is that they handle things like multiple sheets and particularly sheet naming differently.<br />
<br />
Try a few and ask if you get stuck.<br />
<br />
* It's just the Tribix Excel emitter I recommend avoiding, I make use of the <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tribix/'>Tribix
PowerPoint emitter</a>.
talva
Thanks for the responses, I'll let you know if I run into trouble.