Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Need Help with Non-standard Numbering
dbmathis
Hi All,
I have attempted this on my own tonight and failed. Not sure if it's possible. I am hoping someone can show me how this can be done.
I have a table with 5 columns of data. The first column is the row number and the last column is a dollar amount. Here's what I am trying to do. For the numbering, if the dollar amount in the current row is = to the dollar amount in the previous row, then the number in the first column should be a = sign, until the dollar amount doesn't = the previous row dollar amount at which point the row number increments.
See attachment for example...
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Take a look at this example. It uses a computed column to give a running count to the ordered dataSet. Script in a text control is used to either show this running count value or '='. Hope this helps. This design was created in BIRT 3.7.0.
dbmathis
Thank you!
That worked great. I only had to change one thing. The computed column didn't work for my scenario because I am doing a top n and a sort in the table. I used RowNum instead which did the trick.
Best Regards
David
mwilliams
You're welcome! And oops, I guess I could have used that, too.