Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Why can't BIRT find the explicitly located handler?
rem955
I have a subclass of ScriptedDataSetEventAdapter located in one of my packages that I am trying to us in my report. I get the error message saying that it cannot find the subclass when I try to run the report. I know that the class path is correct, so why is it having trouble finding it?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Can you post what you're working on so I can take a look at it?
rem955
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="110570" data-time="1350396944" data-date="16 October 2012 - 07:15 AM"><p>
Can you post what you're working on so I can take a look at it?<br /></p></blockquote>
I wish I could but this work related. BIRT was kinda dumped on me and all I can attempt to do is replicate the pre-existing projects.
rem955
Class com. [class name] not found. (Element ID:8)
I think it was obvious this was the error I was getting, but just in case.
rem955
Could you offer any ideas as how to troubleshoot this? I know that when I attempt to add the event handler through the property manager, it cannot find it then. Also, the handler I am using is a subclass to an abstract subclass of the ScriptedDataSetEventAdapter. The abstract class manages a few other things in the methods not overridden in the subclass.
kclark
How are you importing ScriptedDataSetEventAdapter - is this in a file in the resource folder? I had a similar issue where I had a JS file in my resource folder but I forgot to add it to the resources tab in the property editor.
rem955
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="110663" data-time="1350572411" data-date="18 October 2012 - 08:00 AM"><p>
How are you importing ScriptedDataSetEventAdapter - is this in a file in the resource folder? I had a similar issue where I had a JS file in my resource folder but I forgot to add it to the resources tab in the property editor.<br /></p></blockquote>
No. This is in a maven project. The class and abstract class are in their own package. Other than that it is extended by an abstract class and I'm using a subclass of the abstract class. There are several other reports that are using this as well and are working.
kclark
Let me ask a couple of questions...What version of BIRT are you running? Are you using the designer or the DEAPI to design the report? Is it working in the designer at all? Are there any differences in how your calling it from where it is working?
rem955
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="110671" data-time="1350586989" data-date="18 October 2012 - 12:03 PM"><p>
Let me ask a couple of questions...What version of BIRT are you running? Are you using the designer or the DEAPI to design the report? Is it working in the designer at all? Are there any differences in how your calling it from where it is working?<br /></p></blockquote>
Version: version="3.2.22"<br />
Editor: MyEclipse Report Designer Version 10.0<br />
It is not working at all. I attempted to use the preview option and it gave me the above stated error that it cannot find the event handler.
johnw
You need to export the project containing your Scripted Data Set handler into a jar file, then point the report design to it under the Resources tab in the report design. Take a look at the attached example. In it I wrote a scripted data set event handler and exported it to a jar. In the report design, I am pointing to it.