Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Display used DB
KenoW
Hey folks,<br />
<br />
I'm going to use my reports on enviroments prod and dev. I've created 2 connection profiles with different odaurls but with the same name, calling them with a relative path in my datasource. I want my reports to automatically use the database, which belongs to the enviroment where the report is deployed. <br />
<br />
I'm using the following script in a Dataelemnt to display the used database:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
report = reportContext.getDesignHandle();
dsHandle = report.findDataSource("CashNew");
dsHandle.getProperty("odaURL");
</pre>
<br />
Because of some differences in the DBs i can see the datasource is using the right odaurls. But the script returns the wrong odaURL. I don't use the Property Binding Section! I had some issues and basically its works like this as well.<br />
<br />
In BIRT-Designer I tested by changing the given odaurl in the connection profile by hand and after running the report. The changes apply, but it still displays the url i used before. If I open&close the datasource properties before running the reports everything is going well.<br />
<br />
Can i do any changes to the script to display the correct url? why it doesn't work this way?<br />
<br />
Thanking you in anticipation<br />
Keno
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
What version of BIRT are you running?
KenoW
I use BIRT 3.7.2. and Tomcat 6
KenoW
I really have no idea how to fix it, will appreciate any help!
thanks,
Keno
KenoW
Hello,
still don't know what to do. Any suggestions?
Keno
kclark
I think this might be a bug in mySQL, can you file a bug for it?
KenoW
Hey kclark,<br />
<br />
i just did <a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=392723'>here</a>.<br
/>
Can't ensure my english being comprehensible.<br />
<br />
Thanks for your help anyways.<br />
If you'll find any solution i would really really appreciate if you let me know!<br />
<br />
Best regards,<br />
Keno
kclark
Thanks Keno, yeah if I figure out a workaround to this I'll reply to the thread.