Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
help with dcr file name saving event
kss
Hello..
I am having a naming convention for saving dcr's in the data directory. I wanted to ask if it is possible to have error checking in the save dialog box so that content contributor enters according to naming convention. I looked at the OnSave event in the IWEventRegistry, but is this possible without using FormApi. I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks
kunjal.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
If I understand what you're asking for - I think the answer is "no" - in that I do not believe we provide any means to intercept the information typed into the Save dialog-box and validate it before actually committing the save.
If you use FormAPI - you could provide a field for the filename in the DCT form itself - and you could perform validation and file-naming conflicts there - before allowing the file to be saved - as long as the user doesn't [can't?] use Save As.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
TaskspaceQuery.doc
FormsBuilder_Success.doc
Migrateduser
FormAPI is the only way to accomplish what you're after. I am assuming you are unable to use FormAPI because of the version of Teamsite you are using?
kss
Thanks a lot for the reply.
I do not know whether having a data field in the dcr and using FormApi would solve my problem. As then as you said the user can't see the existing dcr's. In our website most of the time the user would be making changes to existing dcr's, so having save dialog box would be required. What do you think ? Any other suggestions ?
Thanks
kunjal.
Adam Stoller
If they're editing an existing DCR - you could pre-populate the field in the DCR that refers to the file name (possibly even set it to readonly if you want to prevent them from renaming an existing DCR - though you still might have to deal with disabling SaveAs)
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)