Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Extend PDF emitter of BIRT
anjana_oat
i have had problems with the pdf's exported via BIRT. To resolve the issues, i upgraded the BIRT version from 2.5.2 to 3.7.2 but that does not seem to fix the issues. The issue is that the pdf file has different font sizes in different pages. For eg: the first page will have a smaller font and the next page will have a bigger font. I did google a lot to find any ready made PDf emitter like the excel emitters like Tribix and Spudsoft but could not find any. So i have decided to extend the default PDF emitter of BIRT and use the latest version of Itext to see if that would fix the alignment issues. I want to know if this is possible and if possible, what is the starting point? It would be great if someone can give me some suggestions on this.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
When you export to PDF and you get these results is it on one report or many? If it's on one I'd like to take a look at your rptdesign to see if I get the same results. If you're interested in making a custom emitter <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://digiassn.blogspot.com/2007/08/birt-writing-emitter.html'>here's
a good article</a> it shows how to make an XML emitter.