Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Javascript for onhover
info_js
Hi,
I have created a report using table container and data elements.
My dataset(query from my database) has 7 columns. But I am displaying only there columns using table. Now I want to create a onhover() action using javascript. If i hover on any row of the first column, I want a message displaying the remaining column details of the query..How can I achieve this functionality?
Any help is appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
So you more or less want to create a tooltip? <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/443-birt-table-tooltip-examples/'>This
devshare</a> shows how to do that, if that's not what your needing just let me know.
info_js
Yes it is a tool tip, bot i want all the other three columns to be part of the tooltip..and can i style the tooltip display?
kclark
Putting the data from the other three columns in it should be easy enough, just put the data in a global variable and then add them to your tooltip. What kind of style were you trying to add to it?
info_js
I tried to implement help text and script and for some reason, I am getting the same row, meaning it is taking just the first value. I have uploaded the .rptdesign file for you to view.
By styling I meant, the container of the tooltip..If the content is huge, the width of the tool tip increases...I just want to fix the tool tip width and make the height of the tool tip flexible.
Thanks so much
johnw
Take a look at the following article. In it, I use a client side Javascript to find a bookmark in a BIRT report and set a hover event for it. In the case of the example of the report, it does an image swap on the pie chart, making it look like the chart pies are jumping out, and it is visually highlighting the row.
http://digiassn.blogspot.com/2009/06/birt-highlight-chart-series-on.html