Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Chart Engine - Title Truncated if contains '='
DaveG_GA
I'm attempting to use the Chart API directly and am running into a problem with an expression.<br />
<br />
If I attempt to do the following<br />
<br />
<p class='bbc_indent' style='margin-left: 40px;'>chart.getTitle().getLabel().getCaption().setValue("Day of Week (M=1)");</p>
<br />
The resulting label is:<br />
<br />
<p class='bbc_indent' style='margin-left: 40px;'>1)</p>
<br />
If I remove the '=' from the value it works fine no problems but that '=' appears to be triggering an expression evaluation.<br />
<br />
Note this is using the Chart Engine API, and this chart is NOT associated with a BIRT Report.<br />
<br />
Anyone have any suggestions?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
This appears to be a bug. I've tried many different ways to try to trick it to let me use this. This is the only one that worked:
chart.getTitle().getLabel().getCaption().setValue("=Day of Week (M=1)");
This will show what you're wanting. This isn't a great solution, but it'll work. Please file a bug for this at eclipse.org/birt in the bugzilla and post the bug info in here for future reference. Thanks.