Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Sum of group header rows?
jmasterx
I need to get the sum of only the first row of a group.<br />
Example:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>Date (group 1 header)
TransactionA (Group2 header)
6 (Group 2 Data)
6 (Group 2 Data)
TransactionB (Group2 header)
4 (Group 2 Data)
4 (Group 2 Data)
Total (group1 footer) 10</pre>
<br />
As can be seen, I have 2 groups. For group 2, I want the sum of group2's data, but only the first row of each group 2. Thus 6 + 4 = 10.<br />
<br />
Is there a way to do this with BIRT?<br />
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You should be able to make an aggregation on the group, in your table, to give you the FIRST(agg function) value. Then, create another aggregation on the whole table that SUMs the other aggregation.