Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Using Cascading Parameter Group in web application
jmuthuku
Hi,
So far I have created BIRT reports and delivered them via our web application using the report engine. The reports had simple parameters. Now I'd like to create a report with cascading parameter group. For example, I want the user to pick a value in the "OS/Release" list box and based on the value picked I'd like to provide the list of applicable "Patches" in the second list box. This is a simple example and it works as expected when I run using the Eclipse report designer.
The question is, how do we achieve this level of interactivity in a web application, specifically, how and when is the values in the "Patches" list box populated. Is there another roundtrip to backend to get the values of the "Patches" after the user picks the "OS/Release".
I'd appreciate if someone could explain or point me in the right direction. Thanks as always.
- J
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You can create a custom parameter page, using the tag library to embed your cascading parameter into a jsp page, in your application:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/298-2.2-birt-tag-library/