Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Output Columns Alias Names
arunkumarb
Hi All,
I am writing mysql queries and I am placing these queries in BIRT dataset. By using this dataset I am developing Reports. The reports are working fine but the issue is, If I make any changes in query automatically the output columns alias names will be changed. Now my requirement is if i make any changes in the query the output columns alias names should not be changed.
Note: I am not adding/deleting columns in the query.
Regards,
Arun
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
What's your version? Could you possibly do something like:
Select column1 as col1,
column2 as col2
from table
instead of using the alias, in the dataset editor?
arunkumarb
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="110739" data-time="1350799171" data-date="20 October 2012 - 10:59 PM"><p>
What's your version? Could you possibly do something like:<br />
<br />
Select column1 as col1,<br />
column2 as col2<br />
from table<br />
<br />
instead of using the alias, in the dataset editor?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Hi Williams,<br />
Thanks for your reply. I am using BIRT 3.7.2. As you suggested, I have changed coluns names in dataset editor.I tested in one report and its working fine. Let me cross check in other reports also. Thank you so much for your continuous valuable support.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
<br />
Arun
mwilliams
You're very welcome! Let me know if you run into issues, with this, in any of your other reports.
arunkumarb
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="110753" data-time="1350885987" data-date="21 October 2012 - 11:06 PM"><p>
You're very welcome! Let me know if you run into issues, with this, in any of your other reports.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Thanks alot williams.