Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Charting: Grid and Axis don't align
Forty2
Hi,
I am currently working on designing charts which are output to pdf as vector graphic and have come across an inconsistency which I cannot trace back to an error on my side:
It seems like grid lines, axes and or bars do not align correctly in the resulting vector graphic. I probably wouldn't have noticed since with some examples the coordinates differ only by about .15 units but at certain zoom levels the mismatching grid lines and bars really stand out.
I have attached a few screenshots.
Does anybody have similar issues and is there a way to fix this?
Regards,
Lukas
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Forty2 -- what version of BIRT are you running?
Forty2
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="110786" data-time="1350915876" data-date="22 October 2012 - 07:24 AM"><p>
Forty2 -- what version of BIRT are you running?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I can't tell exactly cause I'm not at work anymore but if I recall correctly I downloaded an all-in-one 4.2.1 build from the "stable builds" section that was released some time in September.
Forty2
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="110786" data-time="1350915876" data-date="22 October 2012 - 07:24 AM"><p>
Forty2 -- what version of BIRT are you running?<br /></p></blockquote>
To be exact the build version is: 4.2.1 S20120918.
kclark
Is this only happening with PDF's?
Forty2
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="110855" data-time="1351006984" data-date="23 October 2012 - 08:43 AM"><p>
Is this only happening with PDF's?<br /></p></blockquote>
I guess so.<br />
I tried displaying the graphic directly using Firefox and the Internet Explorer as well as opening the pdf using a different pdf viewer (SumatraPDF) but none of them exhibited the same symptoms.<br />
Taking all that into consideration it seems that the Adobe Reader handles vector graphics differently when rendering them at a low zoom level.
kclark
Sounds like a bug with the emitter, could you file it in bugzilla <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt'>here.</a>
; You could also try a different image format for the chart and see if that helps.
Forty2
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="110908" data-time="1351094650" data-date="24 October 2012 - 09:04 AM"><p>
Sounds like a bug with the emitter, could you file it in bugzilla <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt'>here.</a>
; You could also try a different image format for the chart and see if that helps.<br /></p></blockquote>
Bugzilla entry: <a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=393311'>bug
393311</a><br />
<br />
Other outputs like jpg work like a charm but unfortunately none of them look as nice as the vector output.
kclark
Thanks for putting the bug in bugzilla!
If I come across another way to do this that fixes the problem I'll let you know.