Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Update a table in BIRT?
megabri
Does anyone know how a BIRT report can update a database table if a certain condition is met? For example: say I have a select query (something like select StreetName from Location). If StreetName returns a value of 'Smith Street' I want to update the Location table to make StreetName 'Smith Avenue' instead. How would I do that in BIRT?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
I think the best way would be to use scripted data source. After you get the results you could then go back and update the call to your db. <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/544-sample-birt-scripted-data-source-example/'>Here's
a devshare</a> that show's an example of how to use a scripted data source.
megabri
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="110942" data-time="1351173611" data-date="25 October 2012 - 07:00 AM"><p>
I think the best way would be to use scripted data source. After you get the results you could then go back and update the call to your db. <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/544-sample-birt-scripted-data-source-example/'>Here's
a devshare</a> that show's an example of how to use a scripted data source.<br /></p></blockquote>
I'm sorry, I'm a little confused by your answer. Could you simplify it a little more for me? I usually write my query in the open script of the data set and fetch all the fields in the fetch script. What would I have to do to get an update to work?