Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Displaying BLOB Data
info_js
Hello,
I have to run a query in order to display a particular column. The content is very large amount of text stored as BLOB data. How should I display this content in BIRT?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
I'm guessing you need to convert the BLOB data to text? I don't have any sample BLOB data to work with but it's my understanding you can convert the BLOB to utf-8 using<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
CONVERT(column USING utf8)
</pre>
<br />
instead of<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
SELECT column FROM...
</pre>
<br />
In your sql statement. Let me know if this works for you.
kclark
Also, I've attached a rptdesign to this post showing how to use blob/clob for images and text.
HPP
hi
you can right click on the date cell change its data type to string instead of blob . pls let me know if any issues