Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Exporting Data to document format through a button
Go forward
Hi every body,
I have a table full of data created from a data set.
I have created a button on the report in order to export all
data that the table contains in document format.
I can not figure out how to make this thing work?
All kinds of Ideas are appreciated?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Tubal
Are you just wanting to write to a text file?
Are you wanting the document to be placed on the client computer or the server computer?
Is this a javascript button you've created? Or how did you create the button?
Go forward
I want that my Data will be exported in document format on the client computer.
And about the button, i have created it with an html code <button>..... </button>
in a text field item.
Go forward
Hello,
What I want to do is something like that.
Please look at the attached picture.
The button Export should export all the data I got in my table into document format.
Please Help.
Go forward
Is there anyone who can help me doing this ?
Go forward
I need help !
kclark
Are you using the report viewer? If you are you can call the report as a url with your report button to output it to whatever format your needing.<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
http://localhost:8180/birt/frameset?__report=test.rptdesign&sample=my+parameter&__format=pdf
</pre>
<br />
__format can also be html, doc, ppt, or xls.
Go forward
What I need is a doc file output wich contain the report's content, and it can be also dowloaded.
Like in this picture at the top right of the picture there is a button export.
kclark
The easiest way would be to link your button to the url like above, if you want them to be able to select more than one format you could also create a drop down and then pass the selected format to __format= then report will open in that format and they can save it.