Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Creating charts with aggregated (grouped) dates
NewBIRTusr
Hi,
I'm new to BIRT but so far am very impressed! However, I'm having a hard time with a chart I'm putting together for a hospital. I would like to put together a chart showing the number of patients seen in one department by month. The underlying data has, among others, the following fields:
* Patient reference (used to count, and is the Y axis)
* Date (mm-dd-yyyy)
* Monthname (derived in the MySQL code)
* Monthyear (derived in the MySQL code)
The dates are set up as groups, but, if I only seem able to put in one 'group' variable at a time (e.g. month, year). My goal is to create a chart that can show either each data set as being month-year or having two groups (i.e. grouped by year, with months shown as a subgroup).
I know this is possible in pivot charts in Excel, and am hoping this is possible in BIRT as well (BIRT looks to be much better at creating reports!). Could anyone advise how best to go about this?
I've attached a screenshot showing my current setup, as well as my design so far.
Thanks in advance for any help you could provide!!
Best regards,
Tony
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Hans_vd
Hi NewBIRTusr,
If you have a group on Date, in the Edit Group dialog you can choose "Month" as the Interval.
NewBIRTusr
I don't know why I didn't get that to work before, but it is working now -- thank you!!
<br />
<br />
Tony<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Hans_vd'" data-cid="110995" data-time="1351496908" data-date="29 October 2012 - 12:48 AM"><p>
Hi NewBIRTusr,<br />
<br />
If you have a group on Date, in the Edit Group dialog you can choose "Month" as the Interval.<br /></p></blockquote>