Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Using birt on another server
cleverson
How do I use the birt(4.2.0) on another server with jboss(jboss-4.2.3.GA)?
sample:
http://customer1:8080/app/
http://customer2:8080/birtViewer/frameset?__report=birt/pd/rpt02/reportTest.rptdesign
The previews not load report.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Can you explain the issue a little further, please? Thanks!
cleverson
I have two different servers. One with the application and the other with the birt.
The BIRT is execute from URL. Is preview correct but the content of the report is not loaded.
Se BIRT is placed on the same server, execute OK.
Sample:
http://localhost:8080/app/
http://server231:8080/birtViewer/frameset?__reportDir=birt/rpt01/reportTest.rptdesign&__format=html&__locale=pt_BR
mwilliams
Does the server with the application on it have access to the server with BIRT on it? Do you get a server not found error or anything?
cleverson
I have access to the server. If I copy and paste the URL generated, result ok.
The problem occurs also when the application access with localhost and access the report with the IP.
In Chrome and Firefox and does not work in Internet Explorer error occurs "birt.viewer.error.noviewingsession"
cleverson
Does the problem is related to security of browse? I'm carrying the birt within a "frame"
mwilliams
Sorry for the delay. Were you saying it works in Chrome and FF, but just not in IE?
cleverson
Does not work on 3. In IE error message shows.
cleverson
Attached example.
cleverson
Attached an image
mwilliams
I'm going to attempt to set up a similar situation on 2 different machines. I'll deploy BIRT to Tomcat, on both and try to call a BIRT report from the second machine, to show in a jsp page in the first machine's deployment. Let me know if I'm trying this wrong.
mwilliams
I was able to call a BIRT report from a Tomcat server, on another machine, in a JSP page called from a Tomcat server on my local machine. I didn't have the issue.
Any way you can get me a jsp page that I can call on my local machine that calls a BIRT report, that you supply, that I can place on my other machine, that will show this issue?