Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Repeating vertical header for each group
shar
Hi,
I have a report that needs to output 4-5 pages per group header, the group is a single employee and the information in the report is around performance reviews. The left side of the report contains a grid with a set of ratings and descriptions for a number of categories. The ratings that the employee receives are highlighted depending on the data in this group header. On the right side of the report, the manager comments for each of the ratings are displayed.
The issue is that I need the left side (a grid designed to fit in one page) to repeat whenever the comments exceed a single page. At the moment if the right side does expand over to the second page the left side will display correctly for the first page but it will not appear on the second page. I've tried splitting the comments data binding out by character length, so a second group header with visibility expression could be created; but it created more issues than it solved. I've also had a look at page variables briefly but we are using Run&Render together, so I don't think it's possible to use the page variables?
Not sure if this makes sense; so I've recreated this against the sample database as it's quite difficult to explain. The attached template has a dummy data column on the right which expands as the report progresses (basically, run to PDF and scroll down to see the issue). The BIRT version is 2.6.0.
Let me know if more info is required and thanks in advance for any ideas/help.
Cheers
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Tubal
Do the comments need to line up with the specific rating? It doesn't seem they are related in your sample.
One thing to try would be to put the comments in the detail row on the right side, and keep the ratings in the left side on the group header. Then make the group header row repeatable, and 'drop' that cell into the detail.
I was messing with your sample a little, and the multiple grids in that group cell seemed to give the pdf output some trouble, but you might be able to adjust the format to make it work for you.
Thanks.
shar
Hey Tubal,
I think using drop is going to give me exactly what I want (after fiddling with the grids and visibility of the detail row). Thanks again.