Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Bar Chart - Show Percents for the Category (X), not the Optional Y series
cld49
Hey guys -
I have a Bar Chart with the following info:
Value (Y) Series - Count (the count for each category type)
Value (X) Series - Date
Optional Y Series Grouping - Category Name (the categories that the counts are for)
My chart shows up as it should with separate bars for each category grouped into dates.
I need to add the percentages onto the Bar chart, but when I add the Percentile Value Data the percentages are added across the categories (i.e. if you add one category's percentage over the whole table of dates, you would get 100%). I need for the percentages to be based on the date instead (i.e. if you looked at 10/31/12 the bars in that section (one for each category) add up to 100%).
Is there any way to do that? I can't seem to find one.
Thanks so much!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Here's what I would do. You could create a table with all of your data and do your grouping inside of it. Then add another column in that table to compute the percentages. Then when you create the chart you would point the chart at the table for your data and then make that table invisible.
cld49
I ended up doing something similar to this, but with the DB instead. Thanks for your help!!