Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Looking for the best way to programatically manipluate a report
DavidGress
I'm using:
Actuate BIRT Designer Professional
Version: 11.0.3
Build id: 20111028
What is the recommended way to selectivly, perhaps based on report parameters turn on or off certain items in a report?
For instance, I might normally want to see the high level information on a pie chart and cross tab. But for the information I'd like to drill down into it and see the individual items, perhaps in a differnt table or chart. I also might want to use parameters and bring up an entirely different section of the report and make the default part invisible.
We have some reports like this that used the Actuate eReports tool and used Actuate Basic as the programming tool.
Can someone tell me what is the best practice for doing this in BIRT?
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
If your using a param to decide if you want items to be there or not you could pass the param to the next level and then to something like this<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
if(params["myParam"]=="whatever") {
var myElement = reportContext.getDesignHandle().findElement("myWhatever");
myElement.drop();
}
</pre>
<br />
Depending on what you want taken off the report or shown there could be a few other ways of doing this.