Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to create subtotal grouping in Crosstab
Birtnewbe
I need to group by a row value in cross tab and also need to have empty row between each group in crosstab is this possible? any advice or help greatly appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I'm a little confused. In the title, you say subtotal. In the question, you say you're looking for a blank row. Can you confirm which one you're looking for? Or is it both?
Birtnewbe
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="111093" data-time="1351739616" data-date="31 October 2012 - 08:13 PM"><p>
I'm a little confused. In the title, you say subtotal. In the question, you say you're looking for a blank row. Can you confirm which one you're looking for? Or is it both?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks Michael for responding it is both subtotal and empty row between each category, like shown below. <br />
name amt no Avg<br />
item1 <br />
item2 <br />
subtotal <br />
<br />
item3 <br />
item4 <br />
item5 <br />
subtotal <br />
<br />
Appreciate your help or advice on this issue.
kclark
Take a look at the attached report. I'm not sure it's exactly how you want the output to look but it should be similar. It uses two tables inside of the cross tab, in there it does a sum for each country group giving your subtotals. The bottom row creates the space between the grouping that you were asking about. let me know if you need any help!
Birtnewbe
Thanks for providing the sample kclark, i am not able to run the report to see the output. Never observed before but i dont have classicmodels datasource type and it is giving JDBC error. Anyone know how to get that datasource option without reinstalling BIRT. I have full commercial license and wondering why didnt it come with that datasource type the first time.
kclark
It's included in the commercial version too, did you ever remove it?
Birtnewbe
i didnt do it intentionally but i think myself or anyone who used my system might have done unintentionally. Is there a way to add or reinstall in the only option.
kclark
You can download the sample db <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/db/'>here</a>
;
Birtnewbe
i tried it but i still get message the report file of version 3.2.23 is not supported the BIRT version i have is 11.0.2 what am i missing here?
Birtnewbe
i am able to figure out a way to do subtotals but they dont show in the excel download does anyone why i can see subtotals in PDF and not in xlsx file?
Birtnewbe
can someone please help on how to get subtotals in xlsx download?
kclark
I can take a look at your rptdesign if you want to post it to see if I get the same results. I created a cross tab with subtotals with the sample db and it works fine in excel.
Sai krishna
<p>Hello Clark,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good evening!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a similar doubts that :</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1) There was a particular order in the database column, but when i ve added this col to the crosstab group this is displaying in ascending order. I want to avoid that.</p>
<p>2) How to group the rows, i mean i want to add a calculation in the group by considering only the grouped row values.</p>
<p><u>ex:</u></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">item1 </span></p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">item2 </span><br><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Calculation1</span><br><br><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">item3 </span><br><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">item4 </span><br><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">item5 </span><br><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Calculation2</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p>These are doubts i have. Could you please help me. I am unable to get this and it was bit urgent.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And sorry for my english.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance,</p>
<p>Sai</p>
Sai krishna
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Birtnewbe" data-cid="111103" data-time="1351775997">
<div>
<p>Thanks Michael for responding it is both subtotal and empty row between each category, like shown below.<br>
name amt no Avg<br>
item1<br>
item2<br>
subtotal<br><br>
item3<br>
item4<br>
item5<br>
subtotal<br><br>
Appreciate your help or advice on this issue.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>Hi </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I too need to do such type of work. But i am unable to get any information regarding this. Did you found any solution for your question? If so could you please let me know. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance,</p>
<p>Sai</p>
Sai krishna
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Sai Krishna" data-cid="146169" data-time="1480421339">
<div>
<p>Hello Clark,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good evening!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a similar doubts that :</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1) There was a particular order in the database column, but when i ve added this col to the crosstab group this is displaying in ascending order. I want to avoid that.</p>
<p>2) How to group the rows, i mean i want to add a calculation in the group by considering only the grouped row values.</p>
<p><u>ex:</u></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">item1 </span></p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">item2 </span><br><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Calculation1</span><br><br><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">item3 </span><br><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">item4 </span><br><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">item5 </span><br><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Calculation2</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p>These are doubts i have. Could you please help me. I am unable to get this and it was bit urgent.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And sorry for my english.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance,</p>
<p>Sai</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I didn't got any response about this issue. If anyone having idea about this please post.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance,</p>
<p>Sai</p>