Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Programmatic XML data source
Ariel Tal
Hi,
I'm having great difficulty using BIRT programmtically. I know that theoretically anything can be achieved programmatically in BIRT, but I can't find my way around all the classes.
What I'm trying to do:
(1)
Use given XML as the data source - Easy when using the designer, coulnd't find a proper example on the web. Another note is that I want to use the XML as a String rather than reading it from a file.
(2)
Using a basic rptdesign as skeleton and inserting charts and table programmatically.
While I did find example to handle #2, I can't find anything relevant for #1. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you,
Ariel
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
rmurphy
Can you specify a URL to get the XML String from? If not, and you don't want to use a file, then I'm assuming you want to pass data into the report rather than have the report pull data. If the latter is the case, then you will not be using the XML data source, but rather a scripted data source.
Using the scripted data source you will pass the XML into the report via AppContext. This is done on the EngineTask (i.e. RunTask). Keep in mind, when designing a report that is intended to have data pushed into it, rather than pulling data, you will want to design some dummy data into your script to help you design the report since the designer is not functioning as part of an app you can pass data into.
mol
<p>HI
@ArielTal
, </p><p> </p><p>I have the same problem than you, I'm wondering wheter you got to use xml as data source and get data from xml programmatically.</p><p> </p><p>thanks in advance!!</p>