Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
calling two external scripts within one task
Paul
Is it possible to insert two calls to a script into an external task? Something like
__INSERT__(&get_cmd("sendMail.ipl", "Param1"));
__INSERT__(&get_cmd "sendMail.ipl", "Param2"));
Is there a better way or should I just build an additional external task?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
james1
Without knowing what the rest of your WFT looks like, I'm guessing that you can't do what you are proposing.
The iwwf.dtd explicitly states that an <externaltask> element must have exactly one <command> sub-element. It looks like you are trying to give it two.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
Paul
Yep that's exactly what I was trying to do. OK I will do it the correct way...
Thanks
Adam Stoller
The other alternative is to create one script that performs the job of (or invokes) the other script(s).
Note: The less processes you invoke, the better the performance - so a better way to implement the combined process would be to create a Perl Module that you could then invoke through method calls, rather than system calls.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Migrateduser
One issue with this is that at least the first script may need a slight rewrite - otherwise it might do a callback before the second script executes.
Maybe the functionality of each script could be put in subroutines in a module, then a new script could call both subroutines, then callback.