Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to print the sum of elements of a column in the row area of a crosstab in BIRT
RahulDeb
Hello,
Please help me out here.....in a crosstab, if i want to find the sum of elements in column A,B and C and print it like this...
Column A Column B Column C | Totals
|
1 3 5 |
|
2 4 6 |
sum(1+2) sum(3+4) sum(5+6)
then what do i need to do?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
After you have created your cross tab click the icon next to your dimension and click totals. You can then select what you want to aggregate. I've attached a report. That list's payments by years and customer number. In this report if you want to flip the totals on or off click the icon next to year.
RahulDeb
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="111224" data-time="1352140319" data-date="05 November 2012 - 11:31 AM"><p>
After you have created your cross tab click the icon next to your dimension and click totals. You can then select what you want to aggregate. I've attached a report. That list's payments by years and customer number. In this report if you want to flip the totals on or off click the icon next to year.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
That is not the issue. the columns i mentioned are in the row area of the cross tab(left side of the cross tab), not in the column area, and i want to show the total of a particular field in the row area right below the field, like we do in excel. I tried to perform a Total.sum(column) operation by dragging a data item in the row area below the column, but by default it was going out of the cross tab. what do i do?
HPP
Hi
I have modified Klark's example. Pls check and tell this is the expected result.
Let us know if u have further doubts
RahulDeb
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'HPP'" data-cid="111265" data-time="1352201029" data-date="06 November 2012 - 04:23 AM"><p>
Hi<br />
I have modified Klark's example. Pls check and tell this is the expected result.<br />
Let us know if u have further doubts<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I am not being able to explain you correctly i believe.....<br />
<br />
In the example there is the field "CUSTOMERNUMBER"<br />
<br />
Now what if i have another field,which is a numeric field ......say "AMOUNT"<br />
<br />
And i want to add all the data of the field "Amount" and display it as a grandtotal...right below the individual amounts<br />
<br />
But I don't want the sum in the summary field region.....<br />
<br />
It will be like<br />
<br />
CUSTOMERNUMBER AMOUNT<br />
<br />
A AMOUNT_A<br />
B AMOUNT_B<br />
C AMOUNT_C<br />
D AMOUNT_D<br />
E AMOUNT_E<br />
F AMOUNT_F<br />
<br />
TOTAL(AMOUNT_i) <br />
<br />
<br />
HOPE YOU HAVE GOT IT NOW......I would really appreciate your help
kclark
So you want the totals of each row down the side and just the grand total at the bottom? I edited the same report. Take a look and tell me if that's what your trying to accomplish? All I did was delete the AMOUNT_Group1/YEAR and it now displays the running total on the side and the sum at the bottom for your grand total.
RahulDeb
I'v changed the data cube and am attaching it for you to understand`what is my exact requirement.
I'v added the "Amount" field in the row area, now i want to show the sum of all the individual amounts below the "Amount" column itself"...